Sunday 7 December 2014

Too much Rum.... not enough ball.

 In the spirit of xmas, and partly due to the fact we had two smokos in a row, with unexpected guests and I had not but a couple of frozen bought biscuits to give them; I made the executive decision that I was superfluous to needs and would spend the afternoon cooking.

I baked two potato bakes (upon request), lamb roast, a pumpkin cake and sweet potato cake (to compare which was better, sweet potato won). I also decided that at this time of year, it was compulsory to have rum balls in the fridge.

The rum ball maker, happened to be a bit heavy-handed with the rum and extra biscuit was needed to get the right consistency. It was then I was reminded of a time when I was about 8 or 9, I had been making rum balls at home while mum and my brother were out working. Upon their return I was standing on a stool (I couldn't reach the bench), making my rum balls and merrily giggling away to myself. Apparently I had been eating too much of the mixture and was sent for a lie down. Aaah good times.




This week we had a storm, up towards the farthest boundary of our place (horse tails from last week might prove to be a good omen also). Unable to tell how much but, it was a good start and lets hope for more to come. The end of the week brought 13ml at the house. Here's hoping for more to come.
Mouthing some steers to see if we can sell them, this one decided to have a nap. 

And lift 2, 3, 4, up 2, 3, 4, now stretch. 

There, there! It's ok!

Not sure who is erecting these on our road; but we have had a council worker and a police man and now this. Very clever, better than a sign saying "slow down" anyhow. 

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's back to cutting logs we go!

Not sure how to type a whistle but, "insert whistling noises here"
 
I was less than impressed with my latest water feature, although; at least Cheif is a lot more delicate than Bob and just slides in, rather than the bomb dive that Bob does. 

Actually got Marbles to smile for this one. Wow
 Yes well, we are one week into December and 2 and a half weeks till xmas. Bring on the food fest I say!

No comments: