Thursday 18 May 2017

Gathering of the clan.


So it's raining again, seems like it's a reoccurring theme in my blog posts, but I'm not complaining. Gives me a good opportunity to do some blogging and not feel guilty about jobs outside.





Garrett got better acquainted with the black mare. 

Yeehaa!



And Moolabell 







Now I have a storey for you!! This turtle attacked me!!! I'm serious! It lunged at me, I couldn't believe it, I nearly died of fright! I was trying to nudge it, gently, with my foot so it would move for bubba to see him and he attacked me! Maybe it was a she. I couldn't believe how quick it was.

 A similar thing happened to me once, when I went to grab a huge big black headed python on the tail. I said, "Crikey, look at this big beautiful specimen" and just as I grabbed the snake, he spun around to get me...... couldn't believe it, pythons are supposed to be placid aren't they? Apparently not. Anyhow, I don't think I'd make a very good wildlife warrior. 

See the evil eyes!
Last weekend, we made the journey out to my grandmother-in-law's place for her 80th birthday and a bit of a family reunion. Was lovely to see some of our aunts and uncles and cousins that we'd not seen for a long time.

It's such a blessing to be a part of a family with such wonderful people. I will never forget 6 years ago when I was pinned against a rail by a heifer, subsequently splitting my pancreas in half and lacerating my liver, I ended up in Brisbane having to have the half of my pancreas removed. I won't go into the details but I was pretty knocked around and came out of the surgery with 7 tubes going in and out of me. My aunt and uncle (in-laws) that I think I may have only met briefly, once before, came to visit 3-4 times over the 10 days I was there. Offered any assistance they possibly could, including the loan of their vehicle for my mum and Justin if required. Such kindness is a rare and beautiful thing and as I said I feel very proud to be a part of this family.


I woke around sun rise and went to capture the sun rising between the mountains, but no sooner had I caught these few rays than it went behind the clouds. These images were taken at my father-in-laws place 'Birtley Station' just outside of Springsure.





Bow, the very spoilt, very special old girl. Eric's favourite working dog who I think may now be enjoying a well deserved retirement 


My boy Chief breaking ranks to come and say good morning to me. 
While catching up with family, we went to visit the Old Rainworth Fort and an old family friend out there. Was a lovely little heritage spot to see and well worth the visit. I had the opportunity to get some photos and test out my lenses.



One of the categories at the Marlborough show this year was 'still life' and it's never really been a subject that I've focussed on, but I thought this was a good opportunity to get some.







The lighting in the old building was great. 

















Nanna and Garrett having a play!




Check out the clouds in the background. How weird.


This is Lorna, a lovely lady and family friend who runs the fort. 





Cousin Ben, who is normally on the otherside of the lens. 






But all too soon we had the long drive back home. I'm not sure whether it was the pregnancy or what but I was pretty exhausted after the long drive and I was only a passenger. G-man got to sleep for the most part which was good. Slept for 2 and 1/2 hours, so he must have been exhausted too. 



Other than that I've been taking photos where I can. 


Giving my saddle some much needed love. 


Doing some gardening. 



Getting some, not-so-helpful, help. (Especially when he pulls out the plant I just planted.)

Thirsty work 

And growing! I think I still look as though I've eaten too much. But there's definitely a baby in there, I'm 18 weeks now and I can feel the kicking mostly at night. 


Are you getting some of this rain? We've had an inch today so far. While I was writing this blog I was interrupted but a bit of a paint drama, I didn't get photos because I wanted to contain the situation, but there was black paint everywhere!!! All over the floor, door, walls and not to mention hands, feet, clothes and face! A quick, 'just in case', phone call was made to poisons, who reassured me that it shouldn't be toxic and that it would likely come out the other end the same colour as it went in, although I don't think he had much! How reassuring! 

Well it's smoko time, time for some carrot cake and cup of tea and to watch the rain tumble down. 

3 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Sorry mis spelling previous comment.

Glad to see you are getting some rain. I love sunrise photos. Your photos are great.

Anything Goes said...

Thank you lovely ☺️
Yes the rain has been wonderful!
Don't worry about spelling I'm sure mine is alway out 🙃