Tuesday 9 May 2017

Fortunes of the fortunate.


 So... I dipped into my saving and bought yet another lens a canon L series F2.8, 24-70mm, it's pretty schmick!! This will be the last for a while now though! But so far, I am pretty impressed with the results. I couldn't decide out of these 3 which I liked best. My darling husband, wasn't a fan, but I thought they were alright. I haven't had much of a chance to get out and about with it, but it has been miserable and raining on and off today, so I thought it a good chance to edit some pics.




For some reason I really liked the above photo, but I can't work out why, something relaxing about it perhaps. 


Horses are feeling fresh! These were with my other new zoom lens. 





Talking to our babies.  


"Come at me! I dare ya!" Luckily dad was right behind.


And the pyro dynasty continues, a third generation pyro. Maybe even fourth but I'm not sure about his great grandparents. 

Heart of fire!



 



Had a bit of a play too! 




So, I was crook with Whooping Cough for 11 weeks and I was just about over it, only to pick up some other dogs disease and start all over again (fevers, aches, sore throat, no voice, green boogers) YAY! So yes, I have been feeling a little sorry for myself this week. Hopefully I don't have another 11 weeks to go, I have some antibiotics that seem to be helping a little. Also poor bub has an ear infection, so we are both miserable together. 


So I got a bit of mummy rest time while dad took bub to do a lick run. 
  
"This looks interesting"

"Can I touch it"

"I'm not doing anything dad"

"Ha ha ha"



Dad's heaps cooler than mum at the moment. 





Last weekend, we went to Rocky for the Nitro Circus. I'm disappointed that I didn't take my good camera, but I didn't really realise the layout and that it would have been so easy for me to have done. These guys were amazing! Crazy!! But amazing! I was pretty impressed with their efforts. The biggest problem was, from where we were sitting, you couldn't see them land, so you watch them take off and jump and then look sideways to the screen to see them land. 


We were actually pretty lucky to even make it because J and I both thought that it wouldn't be on until 6 or 7pm. So we planned to spend the afternoon at the Caves Show as I had entered some of my photos (I got a few places, so I was pleased). While we were there, we told a couple of people that we were going and they both said "oh, I heard that was supposed to be finished by 6". So J checked our tickets and sure enough, it started at 4. So we did a quick change over of the child and vehicles with mum and left only to arrive with 10 mins to spare. Talk about lucky!


Another stroke of luck, or bad luck, depends on how you look at it, I choose to say luck! The Friday that J was coming to town, he realised that our freezer-room was struggling. So he moved all our meat and anything else that would fit into a small chest freezer, our engle and the fridge to make sure it survived the weekend. Just as well because when I got home on the Sunday, the freezer was completely carked it! 
Above is some lovely pin wheels that mum had made and were in the freezer, but we had no room to keep frozen, so these got eaten for smoko. Luckily again, that we were near the end of our killer and the freezer-room wasn't full. 


Have you had any stokes of good fortune lately? Is it raining where you are? It always feels as though, if you are getting rain, that everyone else should be too.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Amazing photos. I wouldn't be able to decide which I liked the best either. Hope you keep on feeling better. How lucky to catch the horses feeling frisky.

Anything Goes said...

Thanks Maria ☺️
Yes there was luck all round this week!