Sunday 23 October 2016

Short Farewells



This week we farewelled Mango, Thomas and Greer to the greener pastures of Springsure. They have opted for a tree-change, to get back to their roots and away from the city drudgery that presents itself to people who are country born. It's a bit sad to have them further away now as I'm sure the distance will lead to less frequent visits, but we will no doubt try to make the effort as often as we can. 

As I've said before, family photos are a bit precious. I love this one! 

This photo does not even remotely do justice to the size difference between these two cuties. Garrett is such a big boy at the moment. 



We went for Dinner at the Gracemere pub and I must say, it was lovely. The atmosphere there is lovely since it's been renovated. 

Hanging out in Bunnings with dad. 


My sampling crew for cooking. 

I've started a new blog Day to Day Cookery that I'm sure will test my commitment to blogging. But I plan to cook my way through my favorite cook book. Here are some Macadamia Crunchies that were lovely.


My little G Man is getting about the house more and more now, finding his way into the kitchen and reminding me that I need to clean my floors more regularly. 

 Out and About. 

"This lucerne is good stuff mum!"
"It's not meant for you mate!"

Every now and then you just get a photo that you love! I really love this one! 


Yeehaaa dad! Giddy up! Go Pirate! If you recall our introduction to Pirate a couple of years ago here

Dad to the rescue as she casually walked away. 



There have been a few showers here and there and the weather is totally bizarre for this time of the year. As I'm writing now, we have had drizzling rain all day. It's hot one day and then I have slippers and a coat on today. Very strange indeed for October!


Few self portraits while we watched the storm go past. Was more productive than the fish I was failing to catch, I was certain that in the still, muggy weather we were having that I would land the big one! No such luck I'm afraid.


Was a beautiful day for fishing, despite the lack of fish! 

Perhaps these are the reason that I wasn't catching anything?!?
 



Our ploughing project is now complete, well the first round anyhow. It still needs another go with a different plough and some seed, but it's looking really good! This rain will help!


This is some drone footage of our salt pan. I've sped it up a little so it doesn't drag on.


No comments: