Sunday 2 October 2016

On the Banks of the Bowen River

On the banks of the Bowen River, we celebrated the christening of Mia Alexandria Cormack. This beautiful young lady was the star of the show, with her flora frock and cowgirl boots! 

The proud mumma 

Cheeky little miss

Just looooove these little boots! Especially with the frock!

The Cormack family: Christian, Mia, Melissa and Darcy

There were a few pairs of lovely boots on parade!


It seems that with the distance and time between visits, it's not that often that we get a nice family photo. Unfortunately, portrait photography is probably an area that I need more practise.



Chillin with my baby!

Ozzie, Darcy's little pup did some photo bombing!

Garrett's pretty laid back though luckily!

Cousins
Got time to do a few photos down in the River while J was fishing and I was pretty happy with them. I have a pretty cute subject though!







Took a few night photos but hard to find the angle I'm looking for. 


We are very lucky with Master G as he is a brilliant traveller! Goes to sleep as soon as we head off which made the trip to Collinsville a breeze although still long, having to stop for feeds all the time. 
Poppy and Nanna caught up to us on the way home and we had a few laughs while G ate some rump steak at the servo. 

Back Home. 


Was doing a photoshoot with Master G and dad thought he would join in!

Caught these three stoodgers keeping guard in the forestry. 

Planning to do some wood turning with some old rosewood posts, but I'm needing to get organised. 


In the kitchen. 

Rum balls because I had left over condensed milk, and what else do you do with it?!?

My helper! 

This merengue isn't bad mum! 

Caramel slice! 

Town trip for much needed groceries and plants for death row! Guess who's a big boy now and can sit up in the trolley...... and grab everything!!! 



Cheif, my crawling incentive officer! G was quite determined that he was gonna get him!

Mint..... because it's better than chewing on leaves we find on the lawn. 

Yum!

Food/ Play time! 

Out and about. 



Our first calves this year were unfortunately stillborn twins. This put a bit of a dampener on our spirits, but soon enough our other ladies began to calve out and these are our first babies of the year.



We tried to get a photo of G with this little 'planted' newborn, but mum pretty soon arrived and our efforts were thwarted. 

Someone like to play with mums hat. 

Cheeky monkey




In other news!

I left my twenties and became 30! I'm excited! I think the next 30 are going to be the best 30! 

Birthday cuddles with my boy! Unfortunately my other boy was away working, but Grandma came for a visit to keep me company which was nice. 

I inherited this ring for my 30th which used to be my grandma's as a gift from her favourite aunt, handed down to mum and now to me. It is extremely special and I'm so lucky to have it... not to mention gorgeous!


Birthday cake... or should I say pie! Pecan pie..... that was actually walnut pie! Yummo!

My offsiders having a paddock side dinner. 

Mum posing for my portrait photography practise. Helps when you have such a gorgeous model! 

Selfies in the front of the ute!

Was a bit squishy with bucket seats and a baby seat and me on the console! 

Great help this one was while we fixed leaking pipes!


Nothing like a bit of orange with your smoko! Here's to the next 30 years. 

No comments: