Saturday 15 October 2016

Bulls and Dust!



This week my dear husband went bull shopping and brought home these darlings! They aren't flawless, but I'm really happy with them and you can't buy fillet mignon on a mince budget! So welcome boys, here's hoping that you're feeling amorous!





This week has also been the start of a new project that has expended a great deal of research and conversational topics from hubby's perspective. I swear, if I have to listen to another conversation about seed and soil, I will surely snap my carrot. Not that I don't appreciate the lengths that he has gone to to get this right, completing soil sampling and having conversations with more experienced people. He must ensure that what we are doing will be effective, as this patch of land has been developed before with the tree 'suckers' laughing at previous efforts and returning ten fold. Every effort has been made to ensure that we are tilling the earth correctly for maximum germination and that the seed we have selected will prosper in this particular soil. At the end of the day though, we are still at the mercy of the weather and as such we are hoping for a shower, which may be a little greedy considering the season we've had. We had hoped to have it all done earlier, but as we have hired the dozer we were subject to availability of machinery and operator.


The plough seems to be doing a good job, so fingers crossed we get some good results. 


Weekender

 
Last weekend, I was almost on my own again, but had a lovely visit from a uni friend, whom I've stayed good friends with and she brought my mum/babysitter along for the ride. Was so good to catch up, and with mum acting as our babysitter, we had a good chance for a girly afternoon riding horses.

We won't mention the fact that my horse had a go at bucking me off...... my own fault for not lunging a young, fresh horse. And we also won't mention that Ange lost her phone out of her back pocket along the way. I'm pleased to say that, as we had a 'not so huge' search area, Ange returned early that morning while we were still in bed and found her precious phone. Precious because of the 2000 photos that would have been lost! It's amazing how much we have come to rely on technology nowadays.


Great mates!! 
The Sunday after Ange and mum's visit, I was feeling a little seedy for some reason and so I opted for a whopper of a lunch! It was the BEST!! Then Master G and I managed to get some sleep which was even better! So a fantastic weekend all round! 


Honda was being particularly affectionate! Not like him at all! 

Master G at the commando crawling stage! Was not at all interested in the sparkle bottle that I made him! 



Looooves his wheelie walker and races down the verandah to greet dad when he sees him! Notice the esky barricade! 


More baking! Fruit cake this time! 

Cool dude with dad! 

No comments: