Wednesday 4 November 2015

Weddings and Tears

I'm a bit slow on the photos, and sorry they are just blurry phone photos, but a couple of weekends ago, we had the pleasure of going to Sandy and Jamie's wedding at 1770. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and the rain managed to hold off till the perfect time. On the Friday night we all caught up at the Tavern, which Sandy's parents own and had a few pre-wedding drinks. I think it was about 12:30 when I told the best man that we had better get the groom home. Back at the hotel, the boys decided to go to the spa and I called it a night, figuring that I had done my duty of getting him back to his hotel at least. The day arrived and after mum and I had our hair done we were lucky enough to go and spend a little time with the bridal party while they had their hair and make-up done. 

I just had to take this one unflattering shot on the day when Jamie looked so gorgeous and even then she still looks cute!




My hair piece that I made. I will tell you the conversation between mum and I when I showed her.
 "Here mum, check out my flower!"
"Oh that's nice love, but I don't know if it will match your dress"
"What? IT IS my dress! I made it, from the hem"
"Did you? Did you really make that?"
"Yeh"
"Shit ey! You did?"
"Yeh, I did!"
"You can't even sew a button!"
"I know! I was pretty pleased with myself"

Anyhow I thought it was pretty funny! 

These are some shots I took while we waited for the bride to get out the car and walk down the isle. 

Sandy, I'm not sure if he was concerned about the finality of his bachelorhood here, I'm pretty sure that wasn't his concern. 

The stunningly gorgeous bride. 




Mumsy and I

Justin and I and the Jam Drop, was nice to have a few people not sure where to look when they saw me for the first time in a while. 


I kinda liked this shot of the back of the dress, sometimes you never seem to get a photo of it. 

Sandy and Jamie having their first spousal "discussion" regarding photo locations, I thought it was a bit cute!

Barefoot already. 

Backdrop for some of the photos at the 1770 point. 

Someone's a bit photogenic!

Don't you think?

Love this one of the girls. 


Krystal, Erin, Jamie and Tash. 

Coolee and Erin, the cute couple!
Justin and I were lucky enough to be snagged as the drivers, so we got to travel about for the photos which was lovely. Plus someone had to keep Sandy in line! After the photos we all headed back to a lovely reception at the 1770 lagoons resort which was gorgeous. They had tapas, a lovely idea, because it meant that everyone could walk around and mingle and talk to who ever they wanted. I was asked at the last minute to say some words about the bride. Well I'm not sure if it was the hormones or just weddings in general, but I could barely stop from crying. I'm pretty sure the bride was crying as well. Oh well, I guess tears at a wedding ok, I keep trying to remember what I said, but I've got nothing. Hopefully I go the point across that she's a top chick and marrying a top bloke! 

At around 11pm it started to spit and by 11:30 it started to rain. The bride and groom had changed their clothes and despite a stern talking from myself and mum about pneumonia, both ended up in the pool that surrounded the area where the reception was held. I have to say it was pretty cute though. At this point everyone who wasn't completely intoxicated or didn't plan to get thrown in the pool, left. I of course was exempt from this so I hung around and ended up dangling my legs in the beautiful hot spa, that was relief from the freezing cold evening. 

By 12:30am I was ready to retire but my husband was nowhere to be found, with both room keys. So I proceeded to bash on the door. No answer and yet my mother who was 4 rooms away, came out into the hallway with her PJ's on, offering refuge and my phone. I took the phone and said if I had to I would crash with them. After getting reception to ring my room and the room of someone I thought he may be with; as well as, googling phone numbers of people he might be with and circumnavigating the resort, I tried again to bash on the door, with more enthusiasm this time. Finally he wakes! He had been asleep the whole time. So I gladly had a hot shower and went to bed!


The following day, most of the wedding goers left, but we had booked another night. It was a lovely to be able to wind-down with nowhere to go and nothing to do, we relaxed in our room and had a drink in the spa. With take out fish and chips for tea! Bliss!

We also went to the point for a look, but that was as far as we ventured. 


On the Monday morning we drove home and back to the grind. 


The weekend prior to the wedding, we had some friends staying for an extended funeral 'wake' and we did a spot of fishing. The creek was just full of these little guys. I'd never them like that before. 

21 and getting bigger. 

No comments: