Monday 3 November 2014

Whattaweek.. a post; about a post!

Had to change my blog title, after the awesome suggestion.


The help! Giving us a hand. 


Seeing that strainer post at the end of a long day is always a bonus. 
So this week there has been mostly fencing. Now the video shows one post. But when you have to do this for a whole fence-line and the ground starts to get really hard and dry. It can be a bit like bashing your head against a brick wall. The difference between 5-6 mins/post and 10-12mins per post, takes a hell of a toll on your days achievements.
Nice to look back. 
Try not to look ahead. 

Taking a selfy to see how much dirt is on my face. 

Fortunately the week was a little broken, with the 10-80 baiting program which was a nice day out. A small token of the day has been left with me, but I'm waiting for a milestone before you hear about that one. 

So with the monotony and misery of the hard ground and slowed fencing I decided to make an effort to take a photo each day of something beautiful.

Heading home through the forestry. (Monday)

Hard to get a photo in a hurry, but this was a baby emu. You can just see him in the bottom left. (Tuesday)

(Wednesday)

I loved this. (Thursday) had to stop Justin from puttin it down the hole, so I could take a photo lol. 

So then for Friday, with a very hurried day of work because I had to pack up and go; I didn't get a chance to take any photos, until the night time. Then I realised that these were probably the most beautiful of all. It is such a special thing to have such special and down-to-earth mates, something that is worth treasuring. So I hope I'm not incriminating anyone by putting these photos here and that I'm not breaking some rule about "what happens on girl night stays on girl night", but here we are.

There was dancing. 


 Love these pair!


Just a really great catch up for the girls. 

My gorgeous and weirdo mother, eating an orange, (not even her orange), it was won in a game we played. 


Bit of kung-fu fighting (luckily no one was injured... well maybe a few hamstrings got stretched)



The awesome trio!

Can see now why I had a headache the next day!

The circle got smaller.
 And eventually, I think at something like 4am, we all managed to find our way to bed. Was a terrific night with friends and can't wait to do it again next year. We managed to raise almost $1000 between the group, to go towards female cancer research/ treatments. So that was a really awesome effort and credit to our host Fiona for putting on such a beautiful night. I think my liver is still in shutdown a little bit, but well worth it. Breakfast the next day of home smoked salmon, home grown and smoked maple bacon as well as poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, all washed down with a few beers was the sure cure until about 6pm that night. Bring on next year!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Really think you could have been a little more imaginative with your title Muff ... "The Post about a Post"; "Driving a Post Post" ... the possibilities are endless ;)

Pleased our fencing project came to an end just as the hot weather started to move in. Though having said that there are still a few steelies to go in over some rocky ridges where we just couldn't sink timber posts, more steel gates to swing and wire gates to make. Shouldn't be having girls nights I guess and more work would be done!

Wasn't it a great time! Thanks so much for being here ... love to you and your Mum. We've some incredible women in our midst.

(Have to talk to you about videos - that was great)!

Anything Goes said...

I think in future I will have to get you to proof read my blog, so that these kinds of things don't happen lol. Will email you about the video.

Hopefully, we should be finished fencing tomorrow (ground permitting).

Yes, incredible women, we sure do have! You should take a look in the mirror!