Wednesday 22 July 2020

Baking, Burning and Beaching.


This weekend just past, I had the opportunity to visit the neighbours at Couti-Outi for a birthday celebration. Miss Lucy turned 7, so we went up for some cake and an overnight stay. 

That afternoon, we went out to check some waters and say "Hi" to the broodmares. 





Lou was out getting in the weaners for the evening. 





Grover, looking very excited by the outing. 



Having a bit of a giggle, riding the wrong way! 

The following morning, which was the actual birthday, we ventured out to the beach for some more cake and a spot of fishing. Owen and Jase caught a couple of GTs. We were also lucky enough to spot a turtle. 

Luke, Lucy, Owen, Ella, Garrett and Jessica. 





The weather seemed rather bleak, but it was quite lovely to be just sitting on the beach and relaxing! 








This one is my favorite. 


Making sandcastles and tunnels and bridges. 









This week is "M" week with my photo group. This little dude is like a pet, he comes and squawks for food all the time.  





We continued our property search across the state and found ourselves in St George. Forgive me, as I can't remember what this fish was supposed to be. Some sort of perch maybe! 


My water baby!!! It was freezing cold! 


Of course, being unable to do my usual share of the cattle work has meant that I've been cooking a few things that I've had the recipes for. The above was pretty good, I think I will have to make it again. 

It's supposed to look like the below, however. 


Raspberry and White Choc scones! I think I will try this but with my own scone recipe. 

Jam drops, mud cake cupcakes and choc chip cookies. 

These are a type of caramel scroll, but they were a massive fail!!! I don't know if I made a mistake or uf my scales are wrong, but it was terribly dry, so I saved it by turning them into bread and butter pudding. 

I ended up making some brioche scrolls which were much better. 


We did our pregtesting and I got out of the house, thanks to Nanna babysitting and I helped with the gates. Some faired pretty well with their results and others not so much. We didn't supplement this year quite as much as previous years and it came out in our preg testing results. 



Caught up with Ange and her kids at the playground at Kershaw gardens. Which is such a great place. Although I can't seem to relax because I'm always worried that I'll lose a kid! 

I got this gift in the mail from my girlfriend which was such a lovely and unexpected surprise! Feeling very loved. 

Yes don't laugh, I've taken up knitting. It's actually quite addictive and very relaxing! 

We went out to try and burn some grass yesterday and it was all a bit much for this little mite. I think she might be getting some teeth, she's been a bit exhausted. 

My little pyro was in his element. 


Anyhow, it's a very low key and miserable rainy day here. So we aren't doing a whole lot. It's a bit bloody cool! Good time to do my blog and to watch a few movies.. and yes, shock horror, it's the middle of the week, but we don't get many rainy days and we work enough weekends. So I think we can afford it. I managed to do some school this morning with the kids, so that's a fair effort! I'm really not cut out to be a teacher! 

Anyhow beautiful people. I hope you are staying warm and dry today and that this rain is widespread, as we can always use some. I have a good feeling about the future. I'm not too sure what that's based on, but I think there's some good ju ju heading our way! 

No comments: