Wednesday 13 March 2019

Chooks, Kooks and Chicks


Another month has rolled around and I'm only just getting to my blog now! What have we been doing? Well, lots of gallivanting around the countryside as my father would say. 

This fella was sitting just outside and I couldn't resist a photo. I saw a meme the other day that said:
English birds go "cheap, cheap"
American birds go "chirp, chirp"
Australian birds go "a ha ha ha ha ha ha"

I likes that one! 






We planned a camping weekend to test out all my gear before I go away at the end of June. We were going to go to five rocks, but at the last minute some friends decided to come up, so we went camping down the creek. Probably not such a bad idea considering that if everything went pair shaped we could just go home if we needed to!



The weather really turned it on for us. Lovely for camping! Not too good for fishing, but the boys did land a couple of flathead! 



This dude just hung around for ages and so I couldn't resist taking a few photos. He was lovely!









My cheeky little monkey, "helping" me pack up!



We seem to have some really lovely blue butterflies getting around at the moment which you don't seem to see many of. I'm too slow to get any good shots of them though. 



From my phone:




Sometimes the best plans are made when there isn't a plan made! We were supposed to be shoe shopping, but we were too efficient, so the western seemed like a good place to wind down!



I think she's gonna be a mad keen fisher woman!

Meanwhile, dad took the kids fishing!


With a slightly wounded liver, J brought the kids to town and we headed to Cooberrie Park to surprise my friend and her daughter Bethany for her b'day lunch. 


Was a little concerned here that my daughter may have smelled a bit too much like a guinea pig! 

"Can you look a bit less hung over" my husband says to me! 

I think G man had a ball! 

I'm so very lucky to have such great friends. 

Sheree is not really a snake person!

What a great group of kids! 

Back home and J has been getting a few of this big buggers!!! G man is getting to be quite the photographer!

Dinner!


Dad took the babies fishing, while mum tried to remember how to be a nurse! 



Grandma came for a visit to do some babysitting so that we could brand some calves! 

Which meant piklets for smoko!!!!!! YAY




That afternoon, we went out to see the damage done by the massive tide! I can't explain to you just how sick it made us feel! The video shows the footage from my drone, but if you don't really understand where the bank is suppose to be, it's hard to tell. I should go back and get another shot now that the water has gone, but my drone decided to fall out of the sky and I haven't had a chance to see if it works again yet. Luckily the marine cooch seems to have survived, but not much else has. I've never seen anything like it. 





J reckons he's claimed the other kid, but everyone knows she's my girl!!

God I love these pair! They hugged like this for ages!! 

Tried to ask the facebook sphere what this was but no one could tell me! 


Out and about checking waters and fences. 



Our neighbours enlisted our help for an afternoon, so with Bonni babysitting, J and I went to muster some gorgeous little heifers.

Ellsy was not impressed about being in the photo!


Just beautiful country! One day when I win the lotto!!!








My gorgeous cousin posted this on her instagram page! I don't know what to say, but I'm so blessed to have such a beautiful cousin and only wished she lived closer to me! My daughter is named after a very beautiful woman! 



Then, there was Ange's Hen's party cruise! Boats, oceans and sand aren't really my cup of tea! But when you add beer, anything is a party! 


Gotta love these old ducks who know how to party. 


I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life. There seems to be a bit of bad juju floating around at the moment, but it's great to know that I have beautiful friends and family to hold me up. 




No comments: