Saturday 3 December 2016

Kaboom!

The last couple of weeks seem to have passed in such a blur I can't even seem to recall what I got up to! Lucky for phone photos that I regularly take to remind me! 




Some cooking I have been doing which you can read about here.


To maintain my nursing registration I have to do a certain amount of shifts each year. I'm fortunate enough to be a casual nurse at the Yeppoon hospital where they really have been looking after me in this regard and they managed to squeeze me in for several shifts and dad took to babysitting for a few days. 

The photo below is from after I had finished my shifts and dad had bought G-man to town so he could look at some of our cattle there. I was knackered from late nights and early mornings and after a bottle, bub and I passed out together. 


The biggest bombshell (pun intended), came from a letter we received in the mail last week from the Department of Defence, some of the details you can read about here. Without going into too much detail, it implies that our property in the in potential expansion zone for the Shoalwater Bay Training Area. Their map for expansion is below. 


I've added an image from my property maps book to show some of the properties that will be affected in this proposed expansion. 

This is a photograph taken from the Atlas of Queensland and Northern Territory Pastoral Stations etc 10 edn. by Terrance and Rosemary Allick 
As you may imagine this has opened up a real can of worms for the locals here! Some of our neighbours have had their families on the same property for 140 years, my son will be the fourth generation here on Banksia. It has left the district with a lot of questions and a lot of uncertainty! We understand that the defence force has already purchased two properties in this area which were for sale. It has certainly given us all something to talk about and kept the phone lines operational, not to mention many sleepless nights for some.

If only we had a crystal ball!

In other news, G-man has now reached level stage GREMLIN! or WET FURBY! He can stand fairly well now and is starting to want to let go! But it has made bathing time very..... saturating to say the least and play time now requires more close attention.

Mischief!! 


Aren't I sooooo clever!! 

We got to do a lap with dad on the lawn mower!! Thought he was pretty cool!

My first chocolate finger biscuit!! YUMMO

Messy mango!! 

Have you been to any parties lately? How is your plans for xmas going? Do you have a better crystal ball than mine?

2 comments:

J Rea said...

Your baking looks delicious.. and GMan looks very much like you eating mango :P

Anything Goes said...

It was pretty yum mate!!
I hope I managed to get some looks in.... I think it's mostly dad but!