Friday 4 March 2016

Home at last!

Home now! We arrived home two weeks ago, it feels like it's been forever. Our little man is settling in very well and we have only had a couple of unsettled nights, but mostly he just wakes for one feed and then sleep through till 7, so we're very lucky I guess. Although, I've been avoiding a lot of foods that I would like to eat (ie: chocolate).... just in case! 

I am also very spoilt, in that I have mum here helping us out while I'm still recovering from the caesar. She has become the chief cook, cleaner and general helper, even lending a hand to brand some calves yesterday and today. Without her I'm sure the transition to motherhood would not be so smooth, and now I'm finally caught up on bookwork and photo editing/ sorting all I have to worry about is my beautiful bubba. 

We managed to get some photos taken (just a couple) in between feed time and sleep time and mum doing all that cooking and cleaning. 


This is actually one of my favourites and it was only taken with my phone!























Another fav of mine. 




This one too!














These photos are chronological because I've only just retrieved them from my camera. 

Like father like son.... no?

First bath






Aunty Kaye, who we were so lucky to have as our contact in Brisbane. 


Food coma!

Grandma has still managed to find time for the occasional nurse in-between house work.

Aunty Ange having a cuddle. 

Wind, but still cute as!

Some photos from before bub (this is how I will now refer to my life, like BC and AD, before child and after delivery)

Australia Day fireworks. 

Also had a visit from mum's cousin Susie and a surprise, last minute visit from Sheree (who left her kids for the first time just to come visit me... spoilt)


Some from our last night BC.





Walking over the Brisbane river in the middle of the day, in the stifling heat! Not our best idea!

Especially not at 36 weeks. 

 Out and about at home!

We have not seen the crabs like this for yonks. Bit of rain we had while we were away must have done the trick. Not a bad barra either. 

Yesterday there was a plague of barra frogs. I saw them first thing two mornings ago and there was still a handful this morning, all making some sort of pilgrimage up the hill, hundreds of them. 

Enjoying a feast of crab, although I'm still not too sure if it agrees with bubby. 

Went for a walk to visit my little Red Man. He has grown!


I think he missed me!




So there we are, all caught up! 


No comments: