Saturday 16 January 2016

This is the song that never ends...... It goes on and on and on my friend!!


My admission to hospital seems to be a reoccurring story in my blog doesn't it!! I'm pleased to report, myself and Bub are doing just fine now! Not long after xmas, I began to have pains in my right foot. The pain got more frequent and severe and I was just putting it down to jam drop pushing on a nerve. I had an appointment in the new year with my obstetrician but when I explained to him about my very hot and painful foot, he wasn't concerned, and so I decided I would need to 'suck it up' for the remainder of my pregnancy. A few days later my toes were starting to turn purple and the pain was still becoming more frequent and severe. So I went to another Dr, who again wasn't worried and just sent me for blood tests, the results of which I would get on the Monday after the weekend. 


So we went to Mango's baby shower over the weekend, which was lovely, but difficult to enjoy with the pain in my foot and having to put it in ice or elevated all the time. By Monday, after some persuasion by family and friends, we decided that before we drive to Mackay to see Justin's folks, we would visit my GP for his opinion. Long storey short, I was sent for an urgent ultrasound the results of which had me flown to Brisbane ASAP. So I've now seen a vascular surgeon, spent a night in hospital and now I'm Brisbane on lots of blood thinners, but pain free, waiting the arrival of my baby. Apparently  Bub has squashed my stent and because it's a rigid material it has stayed squashed and therefore there was not adequate circulation to my foot. So now I have the blood thinners and a patch on my foot to dilate the arteries which means that I can actually walk again, which is a real highlight because I was almost completely cripple before! So now we wait for bubs arrival so that my stent can be repaired but we are close to the hospital, in case bubs big backside completely squashes the stent which could be potentially problematic! 

We were very lucky to have already had a caretaker in Sheree already at home because we had planned to go to Mackay, so she stayed on a bit longer for us while Justin was in Brisbane with me. He travelled home yesterday and will return as planned a bit closer to bubs due date. Mum is down here with me and so we are having a bit of girl time, shopping and eating out and spending time with friends and family. We are very lucky to have such a lovely network of friends and family to surround us and support us. 

We have a lovely obstetrician in Brisbane and he printed this cute little 3D picky for us, and even though bub wouldn't move those chubby little fingers, I'm a bit smitten!!

No comments: