Friday 1 January 2016

Big momma at Xmas time!

Xmas time is upon us once again!!

Our xmas tree.
Some of my xmas baking.
I had been hanging out for pancakes, so this was breakfast one morning! Yummo!

Doing the rounds, visiting the heifers and checking waters. Giving them a xmas treat!

This is a bit of a rare sight, because the water level in the lagoon is not normally past the tree line and over time, fire and cattle rub these roots off the tree. 

29th December 2015
The tree in the picture above, is the same tree on the edge of the lagoon in the photo below. 

7th April 2014

7th April 2014


Justin must have had the pots in at the exact right moment, because the crabs were short lived although extremely yummy!!


A few days before xmas we were summoned, to pick up the scrub chain from a cousin. After a two hour wait, we finally got to load the chain onto the truck and head for home.

Warren and his daughter Ash (about 5 weeks behind me in her pregnancy), looking a bit cute together! I'm sure she is wearing his clothes! 

Dad doing what he does best... giving orders. 



So our xmas has been a lovely one, spent with our parents and having some much needed time to rest, especially for Justin who has been flat out trying to do everything while I've been baking away (something which I think is easily forgotten by those who phone for help at 9pm the night before).

This is the first day of 2016 and I'm sure that's it's going to be a lovely year, looking forward to meeting our newest member.


Spent the last afternoon of 2015 taking a few maternity photos, my wonderful husband agreed to come along and give me a hand and I was reasonably happy with the photos, bit hard sometimes when no one is behind the lens to get it perfect though.











Justin says, "You keep screwing up your face, if I just keep taking photos I'm sure we will get one right!" Thanks!! I'm not very photogenic, I hope that this bubba takes after dad in that respect!


Bit windy!

Justin was a bit unwilling for me to climb up on the rail, with the rusting cob and co being a bit unreliable. 

 




Even Red Man managed to get into a few shots. 




 




No comments: