Tuesday 25 March 2014

The ball.

 Well after two weeks of, what seemed to be mostly lows. I think it was time for a bit of a high. The Show ball was a great way for us to let down our hair. Friday before was spent cleaning the hall and getting it ready, then off home to make a massive amount of apricot slice (which didn't hardly get eaten, I think everyone was too jolly by the time this came out lol).


The girls.
Saturday morning after a few last minute touches, all us girls got ready at the local pub, which I think might have been a bit of a first, but it was good fun. Very lucky to have two friends as a make-up artist and hair dresser. Got to have hair and make up done, as well as relax and have a couple of beers before we headed off to the ball.

 I think everyone had a lovely time. Had hoped there would be more people there but there was still a good turn out none-the-less. Bit disappointed that some of the locals didn't make more of an effort. But as dad tells me from his experience this was always the way, didn't put a dampener on our evening though we had a blast.

My gorgeous husband

I was very shocked to have received belle of the ball. Embarrassingly gave a speech to thank the girls for doing my hair and make-up, but it was funny so had to do it. Was a lovely surprise, I think mum was a bit more excited than me. Justin said he wasn't surprised at all (he's a sweetheart).
  
Photo bombed ha ha


My beautiful mother.
Photo bombed by Pumba
Sunday I nursed a bit of a sore head and after cleaning the hall, headed home for a slack afternoon. Monday, we went mustering all day and right at the beginning of the day, my fender broke. So I was riding all day with once stirrup. Needless to say, I'm a bit sore on one side today. Got a few pics with the horses and dogs while holding the mob and waiting for Justin to bring more cattle in.



Waiting and more waiting!




Beautiful rain!
Today it's raining today, so that's the time for book work. Unfortunately for some stupid reason, we got out of bed at 5:30 with all our enthusiasm. Thinking that we would be able to process the cattle we mustered yesterday. But alas, we let them out into the holding paddock to await the end of the rain. I'm not complaining though. I'm still sore from Saturday night. They say there's more rain tomorrow, if it is, I'm not getting out of bed this time!



No comments: