Friday 21 March 2014

Bad Ju Ju

And so my bad run of luck continues. Friday had a long and stressful day in town chasing my tail all day and home at around 8:30 at night. Only to have a phone call from my hubby that my father-in-law has been flattened by a bullock and had his head stood on. This happens at 11am and no one thought to ring the registered nurse in the family (me). Not even so much as ice was applied!! NOT IMPRESSED! So I did the best nursing assessment I could over the phone and all the possible advice I could offer and "you must immediately go to hospital if ..... happens".

So Saturday morning, no news was good news until; phone call from hubby, dad's not so good can you come take his place while he goes to see a doctor. So 5 and a half hours later I was assessing the patient (neurologically stable for the nurses out there). But I knew he wasn't well so sent him for a check my Dr just in case. (Dr sent him home and he's still recovering now). 


More amature night photography.
Sunday we had to truck cattle. To cut a long story short, Justin explained the directions, I explained directions, direction were written down, Eric phoned him mid journey and explained the directions. Subsequently the cattle were delivered to a set of yards 20km shy of their correct destination. So we left the property near Moranbah where we had loaded the cattle, after finishing our other jobs and loading horses and packing up at 9pm to head for Springsure. Arrival at Springsure 1am and bed by 2. Only to get up early to re-draft and re-truck the lost herd. So much for a sleep in. After then unloading and walking the cattle an hour to their correct destination (truck couldn't make it to right set of yards), we had a long lunch and once again (for a third time) re-draft the cattle to brand the calves. We knocked off at 7pm and decided to call it a day rather than pack up and drive the 6 hours home. 
So I'm not much of a night photorapher. This was us loading the horses on the truck at 8:30pm






Trip from Mt Spencer to Birtley.
We got home the next day, by the time we had done a few other jobs and stopped for a chat with the recuperating patient, it was time for a beer. So we unloaded and called it a day just in time for MKR. 

It's now Wednesday morning. We unloaded the Polaris ranger that I had picked up from town on Friday and took it to feed the hungry chooks, but it seemed to be pulling to the left. When we got home Justin threw a cup of water on the brake calliper (the bit which was just replaced) and it sizzled off!!! Cup of tea time I think. Oh well we decided after a heated call to the workshop (you know the one that's meant to fix the blasted machine that's now broken), to go for a drive around the place to make sure all our cattle are still alive. Lovely day looking around and fixing a few broken wires here and there. Splash was less than impressed about me making her a camouflage doggie in the trough. Oh well gotta take the good with the bad I guess. 

Planted my poor, sad, little snap dragons that mum had bought me last week. Give them some love, but hopefully we get a bit of a drizzle over the next few days as they predict to help the along a bit.

No comments: