Sunday 2 January 2022

2022 ...let's do it!


I am very blessed to have a couple of photographers in my family and one of which it the extremely talented cousin of mine, Sam Goodwin and you can find her at Sam Goodwin Portraits. She does some really amazing stuff and her work with horses is positively stunning. 
Anyhow, I was lucky enough to have her do a quick family shoot for us while they were visiting during the xmas holidays. Absolutely love them! Was very hard to pick my favourites but here are some of them! 

*face palm* That fringe!!!!









This one is my absolute favourite!! 



One thing, that I think I've learnt or that I'm slowly starting to teach myself; that having children has made me come to terms with a little bit, is that you have to love yourself. I don't mean in a pompous uppety kind of way, but in the kind of way where you can't be heard to self-depreciate, because little ears are listening and I want to raise happy, confident kids. I mean it's quite easy for me to pick out the flaws that come with age, genetics or too much xmas cheer but I'm gradually starting to accept that this is just me, the only way that I can be, right at this minute and my babies love me, so must I. 

Gosh I love this pair of kids! 





And I love this big fella too just a bit! 

Maybe a lot!






A few days before xmas I did a photo shoot of my own, but this time I was on the end of the camera where I prefer to be! My old school friend Chloe Atkinson told me that "before you get too famous" (ha ha ha ha ha ha).... "that she'd love to get some photos done". I have been saying to her for a few years now that we must do it, so it was great to be able to travel up there and get a few shots on their place. 


Their daughter Heidi was very photogenic!!! 

Chloe, Darren, Rhys, Lewis and Heidi

How damn creepy is this cat!!!!! Oh and his name is Gary!!!!! CREEEEEPY!!

Nothing like a mummy-daughter shot to melt your heart!

Darren's parents David and Robyn also joined us for some photos which was great! 

One of the downsides of having a landscape photographer as your photographer.... it was sooo smitten with this tree lol! 

Pair of cuties. Chloe, among her many roles in the community is our show treasurer and I'm sure without her I would be lying in the foetal position come show time! She's such a great asset to our team. And Darren (Ako), went to school with my brother and they used to hang out a bit, so I've known them both for a while. So lovely to be able to see them blooming into a gorgeous little family. 




Rhys is such a crack up.... I laughed so much doing these edits. 



Chloe wanted to redo one of her wedding photos, I think we got it right this time!










A couple of days after xmas with my two cousins and their families in tow, we heading up to spend a day at Couti-Outi letting the kids expend some energy at the beach! 

Uncle Lou doing some sparing with G-man. I'm not sure if Kaka was trying to help her brother, or if she was trying to offer Lou the stick.... you never know with that girl!








I offered G-man my camera as he wanted to take some photos.... 

He has some potential. 

Aunty Bonni helping Kaka over the rocks.



We walked right around this little bay. Was a great way to wear some kids out although the boys opted to go in the buggy.



I have no idea how many photos it takes to get everyone to look but this was as close as I got! 

Libby is the most photogenic little lady! Every photo is just like this one!


Foot spa at the beach. 

Looking for crabs.

They still amaze me, all the work they do only to have it washed away again. 







My little climber.

Exploring caves. 



These rocks are just so beautiful. I think if I was stupid rich I would live in a house made from stone. 






She's starting to get to that feral stage where I can't get good photos! 












Me, Ange and Bonni.








We also had our road party at Couti-Outi this year, and so the kids went for an afternoon dip in their dam. 


One for your 21st Lucy I think!


I told her to put it on her head like a crown. She wasn't impressed! 


"See mum, it just falls off"


How cute is this dog!! I think grandma needs one! 




Cast away out to sea! 




Thank goodness for aunty Bonni helping. 










Love this one. Just a girl and her dog! 



Aunty Bonni is the safe place for a cuddle. 





Maybe this one is a bit nicer for your 21st Lucy... 


Seriously though... cute or what! 


From my phone:


Heathens having their lunch on the beach!

Hand-me-down jeans from cousins up the road!!!! SCORE!!!!

She can be a little lady sometimes.... pretty sure she's currently wandering round the house with no clothes on, riding her bike and talking to the cat though.... so 50:50. 


Ready to PARTY!


Me getting all my brews done before xmas! 



Oh and we actually got a killer done! Thanks to Mitch and Kirsty, who lent us their portable cold room..... soooooo good to have meat again. 

This little miss spent a whole day with me cutting up all the stirfry meat! What a star!

Found this nice little creeper vine down at an old house down the paddock.

Oh and we did some sausages too. 

Holidays call for lying in late and morning cuddles. 

The obligatory xmas lights tour on xmas eve. 





Someone got nail polish for xmas. 

And a bow and arrow that she's pretty deadly with. Can't wait to buy her real one! G man was pretty good at it too, 


So hard to get everyone to smile together! 





Ange and Sean came to visit for a couple of nights on their way up to Couti-Outi, which was awesome to see them and for the kids to have a bit of a play. They have the most lovely kids. 


Aunty Jess, losing the battle to keep Evy awake until her nap time lol. 


Big fella stole my phone, so I posted his pic onto my facebook page! 

All the cousins. Finally got them to settle for a movie. 


Just missing Sam's hubby Michael. Going to have to get him up here one day to complete the group!

The roses!! Jess, mum and Sam. 

Mum and Jess were going "aaaw" cause I was telling G to get out of our photo lol.

All the babies. 

And I have myself a little project to keep me busy. Will show you the finished product when I get to it. 

Hope you all had a stellar xmas. I was very spoilt and got some really lovely gift and a couple of really special ones from the big fella. Got to spend some time with my good friends and my beautiful cousins and then was in bed by 10 on new years eve. So I've had a cracking ending to 2021.... and this week, I have a whole week riding my horses, so the start of 2022 is looking to be pretty epic too. 

Lets put some good energy out there that we find our new home soon.
Lots of love to you all and if your looking for a really great book to read/listen to, I'm currently listening to Breath by James Nestor. Which I'm really loving. 



No comments: