Thursday 1 April 2021

April Fool

 


So, I found this little beauty the other day. We are having a big party tonight and I chopped him up and added him to the soup! Do you think it will be a fun party?


Nah just kidding. I'm not that adventurous! Apparently this little fella is a species of the blue staining bolete and he is aptly named, because when you pull him apart, he has all these veins running through him like ink.  



My gorgeous cousin, gifted me this magnolia which I absolutely love, but it's struggling under my care and yet still managed to offer me this one beautiful little flower. I have put a couple of piece into a container to strike and they appear to have roots, so fingers cross that I will have some to take with me. 






I am saving up for a new macro lens, I will be so excited to finally get it. I love my macro shots. 


We went out a couple of weekends back to do a spot of fishing and caught a couple of stingrays which was a bit exciting. Going to miss this I think, so lucky to be able to just duck up the road and do a spot of fishing. 







These little guys are called whimbrels. They sit out on the mudflat until the tide chases them off their spot. 



Images don't really do justice to the speed of the tide. 



 

G man also managed to land a nice barra which we had for lunch! 









We did get to snag a bit of rain in the last storms that were around, still not enough to run water, but it was enough to get the grass going again and to make the cows happy. 


It's always not until I go back through my photos sometimes that I realise how long it has been since I last posted. We had our first full week of mini-school last month and one afternoon I took the kids to the zoo to have a look. 



Their new meerkat display is pretty cute. 





This guy is an absolute monster and the photo didn't really do him justice. 









On another weekend excursion, we headed to couti-outi as there was a birthday, number 10 for miss Ella. Double digits now.  We headed out to the beach and while we missed seeing the massive tide coming in, we did see it going out which was just as spectacular. I did have 2 very tired kids by that afternoon though, as we drove into town to go to mini-school. 




When you go to the beach and spend most of your time taking photos of the rocks, you might be a geologist nerd! 





The water rushes out so quickly, it would have wiped you clean out if you tried to walk across it. 
































Spotting for turtles.



From my phone in reverse order:



I went and collected some cutting from the abandoned yard of our neighbours. My dear friend and father figure to me, Les Farr passed away a few years ago and I liked the idea of being able to take a piece of this tree with me, so I will be able to take it with us when we leave here. 


It's so beautiful! 




She had to wear a dress!! 



Grandma Sheree reading to the gremlins while I was out. 


Last weekend we went and mustered some cattle close by to brand a few of the stragglers that we didn't do in the first round because they were too small. Not a big contract but just nice enough to be able to do together as a family. Was a lovely weekend. 




Me and my girl, getting our soul fix. 


How did a get such a gorgeous daughter. 



Kids a getting a bit more game now and coming a bit closer to us while we brand. Shouting lots of words of encouragement as we caught the calves. 





Phone never really does it justice does it? There is actually a rainbow coming out the top of the distant mountain. 

My very beautiful and talented cousin and her gorgeous baby belly! 

Now I never by coke or pepsi, so I'm not entirely sure why, when I do buy them, my husband thinks I'm making a bomb! 


Our show ball was 2 weekends ago and I love the above photo because it reminds me of when we were kids that the band would be playing and we would all be tuckered out on blankets on the floor. Very cute. 



Bonni (our cattle rep), Kaka, Me (Secretary) and Chloe (Treasurer). 

My mum wanted evidence of Bonni in a frock as it doesn't happen very often. 


Getting G man trained up as a photographer already. 




I love this one he took of kaka 





Gave our table a bit of a make over. 

How gorgeous are the eyes on this big fella? 


You gotta watch this video and see this crazy kid with her frog. 





These are from our fishing weekend at home. 





School stuff, I want to kill the person who invented kinetic sand! 

I missed the right photo op, she was eating this thing and almost falling asleep at the same time, was a bit cute. 

Garrett and his Prep teach Miss Phoebe Dwarshius. She is so beautiful and we are very lucky to have her as we take this new journey into prep home schooling. We just finished our first term yesterday and I'm very pleased to say that while I thought it was going to be a disaster and I wasn't cut out for teaching, that I'm actually really enjoying it and G man is an absolute star. He is doing so well and I am very proud of him! 


While G was at mini-school, I got to have a couple of smoko dates with my girl which was a bit special! 


G man dragging a reluctant Aunty Bonni across the retreating tidal stream. 


Wow, what a huge month, no wonder I am feeling a bit fatigued. Alway good when you have an excuse for the way that you feel. I hope you all have an absolute cracking Easter and get lots of chocolates. I think we might try to catch a fish this weekend and maybe even a crab! Then I don't think we will be getting much rest for the remainder of the holidays, we will be packing and packing and preparing for our show which is on the last weekend of the school holidays. 




No comments: