Tuesday 2 February 2021

All Over the Place


Goodness, where is the time going?!?!?!? We are already in February and I haven't posted at all in January. But we have been absolutely flat out. I will fill you in as we go. 

These photos aren't in chronological order. 

Above is a photo of my dream block, however, my husband and I didn't feel the same about it, so we will have to find something that suits us both equally. This block was up near the Burdekin Dam and we spent a day flying around to look at it. Was some really pretty country.  


While we were up there, we stayed with my sister in law at their place on the Bowen River. 


Was a bit funny because we had spent a long time without seeing each other and then Fooz spontaneous came to visit us the week before. Then we went to visit her the week after. 

Light of my life! 

My gorgeous niece Mia. 


G man. 

The look on her face when auntyFooz says there's ice cream.... 

The look on her face when she realises there is no ice cream! 

Mr Darcy, handsome man. 


Building Dams 





Got to tour a block in a helicopter. Was nice way to look around before we swapped over to the buggy. 
I took hundred of photos, but mostly just to look at the land, and pasture, not any picturesque ones. 


Lots of bad erosion in places, but the land holders are mostly pretty active in reducing it. 

Got our first round of branding done. 






I was a bit excited to see this little dude. I was told he's a glass wing butterfly, I have never seen on like it. 





Surprisingly, these guys were a bit late to clean up the mangos this year, I managed to get a few boxes before they found them. 




Soooooo these are my phone photos and they are back to front, as seems to be how I normally do it (*insert face slap here*). 

However..... in big news..... G man starts Prep this year..... as in real school...... as in I'm teaching him real school...... as in OMG send help because I have no idea what I'm doing real school!!! 

The below is a conversation between Mango and I about his first day of mini-school in town. 

 


We ended up being away from dad for a week, which wasn't the plan. I had planned to go to town for appointments on Monday and return home Tuesday morning after my traditional lammingtons with mum on Australia Day. However, work had text and asked if anyone could do a late shift on Australia Day, so I worked that night and then as I had planned to come back into town Wednesday night for mini school Thursday and Friday, we opted to stay. So we didn't get home till late on Friday. Luckily the kids always have a bag full of town clothes in the car and I had enough to get me through. 


Garrett's teacher is Miss Dwarshius and she is lovely. 



He's a giant! He's not even the oldest, most of these kids have turned 5 already. G man is having his 5th birthday party in a couple of weeks. 


I'm so proud of this little dude. He is such a well mannered and loving little dude. 

Still moving backwards in time, we had lammos for Australia Day as we have every year since I can't remember. 




Had a lovely visit from "Maaaa" who I don't think I've seen since I was pregnant with G man. 


No sooner did we return from Collinsville, looking at a property than a couple of hours later, Greer and Mango came to spend the weekend on their return from 1770, which was where we were supposed to be, but opted to look for potential new homes instead. 

And we went fishing of course. 

And for a change, mum caught one. I am normally on the end of a camera or trying to catch up on some rest, so it was nice to be able to actually catch a fish. 




This little spot is just 150m downhill from my sister in law's house and it was the perfect little spot for some morning meditation after my run. 

Cousins hanging out by the fire. 

Very hard to see, but there is a dingo on the top of that highest rock, and this was up on top of a fairly high mountain. Cheeky bugger. 


Big fella, me and Fooz. So nice to be able to actually spend some time with family. And now that the kids are a bit older, that I don't have to be worried about them constantly and can relax a bit. 

I just love the glow of the morning sun. 

We also got to see lots of their puppies!!! Was a bit funny throwing all the frangipanis around her while she was feeding! What breastfeeding mother doesn't want to be surrounded by flowers. 

Saw this little guy on my morning run, wished I had my real camera. 

The week prior to our visit to Collinsville to look at a place, Christian, Melissa, Darcy and Mia, all came to visit us for a few days. As it was a spontaneous and unplanned visit, they just kinda had to work in with what we were doing. Which was awesome because it meant that would come to help us work and do the branding. 


And because there was so many hands, we managed to finish early and go fishing. 

I had the car booked in for a service and so Fooz and I got to have a ladies day in town while the men wore the kids out fishing. 

Me and Fooz. 


Fooz was a bit uncertain about crossing the tidal creek. They have big crocs up there. 



Puttin' mumma to work, I think she might have been a bit sore but it was good fun as a girl team! 

Bloomin' tide, got my boots wet! 


My kombucha attracted a significant amount of fruit flies. I'm not sure how many hundreds that I've killed. 


Oh and yes, that's a snake bite!! Yeh..... 
"Snake bite me mum"...... 
We were visiting friends on some country where we have agistment. Anyhow, we looked over at kaka and their dog (who had previously been talking to kaka and very friendly) was barking at her. In hindsight, he was probably barking at the snake because next minute she walked up with her snake bite. 
Yes my heart dropped into my stomach! I was instantly sick. Luckily, my nursing skills kicked in when I was handed a bandage. 

We rushed her to the ambulance, which was pretty speedy in getting there. Then we drove towards Rocky. Next thing we turned around, "chopper is going to meet us at Marlborough", "awesome". Next thing, we turned around again... "I'm sooo sorry, the chopper isn't coming." Luckily the rocky ambulance had kept coming. So we drove a bit further and then stopped to meet the rocky ambulance. Where the paramedic applied another bandage over the top of my two (about 20-30min stop). Miss kaka then proceeded to scream unconsolably for the next 20 mins. When we finally stopped and a flight paramedic joined us. By this point she was starting to intermittently settle (another 20 min stop). By the time we got to Emergency (without any lights or sirens I might add, stopping at every roadwork and traffic light), even though her capillary refill was good, her fingers were purple and when asked by the paramedic, she said she couldn't feel him touching. I dug my fingernail into her finger..... she couldn't feel them. In the time it took to get her from reception to her cubical, her fingers were really purple!! A doctor there removed the top bandage and immediately her colour started to return. Now it was over 3hrs from the time of injury and we were only 1.5hr from town when it happened.

Long storey short, it was a dry bite and after a night in ICU, with very limited sleep, we were allowed to go home. 
Yes I'm pissed, yes I will be writing a heated letter to QAS. 


Thank goodness for Grandma with her bag full of goodies including sandwiches and books and colouring. 




Still working on my scarf, it's a labour of love. 

My little princess in her dress, playing down the creek. 


I also finished this audio book. OMG!!!! If there was ever I book I could recommend it's this one!! Her life storey is positively amazing and she's such a inspiring woman. 


Bit of puppy love. 



Love this pair. 


He looks like he's smiling. 

On new years day, we ventured out to our first cinema movie. Croads 2. 

Gotta love what this humidity does to her hair. The ringlets. 


Sarah and I 
Mine just will not hold, although I tried and had a lot of hairspray.

Me and Alison 

This was such a blast from the past as this was our old crowd all back together for a bit of a reunion. 


Michelle, Bec, Tamara and Sarah 
Jean, Sarah, Tracey and I 





Could've just went like this. 

Still going back in time..... wow it has been a loooong time since I posted. 
After Xmas, we went back into town to visit mum and her two brothers came for a bit of a family reunion. Was so good to see all the family, we were only missing one of my cousins and her family. 


Dot, Paul, Ash, Mum (Kerrie), Dave and Christine. 

The rose between the thorns. Mum and her brothers. 


Wow.... yeh well I'm sure that's enough of an overload. My head is spinning. Life has been flat out and I don't think it's going to slow down anytime soon, with me teaching Garrett school and the Marlborough show coming up, which I am still the secretary for despite me trying to offload the job. As well as trying to find a new home in the next 5 mths. Somehow I think we are going to be burning our candles as both ends. But it will all come good I'm sure. 

Here's a good little song that I managed to find in the chaos. Trace Adkins Better Off. How have you all been? Getting rain?

No comments: