Monday 17 December 2018

Thank You Owen


Unless you've been living under a rock...... or anywhere other than Queensland. You would probably know about cyclone Owen and it's over, up, around and down trek and now I think it's going back up again. We have been very fortunate to have received 112ml yesterday and they are still predicting another inch for today but we aren't too worried now, all our dams are full and the creek is flowing. So we are grinning from ear to ear with our early xmas present. Everything is green again. 


The cyclone brought with it some lovely clouds and I managed to capture a few images one afternoon. 












I know this is probably a little hard to see but it was such a lovely sky.



Before the rain event we went out to check on everything and had to do a few running repairs, I was in trouble for being on my camera instead of helping out..... one of the set-backs of being married to a photographer. 

Keeping and eye on dad and eating smoko. 

Running repairs

Boy and his dog. 



We have some really lovely calves this year but of course my bull would get the blame for all the speckly bellies!


We will have a bit of sweat coming out of us for not getting these monkeys branded before xmas, but that's the price you pay for getting some lovely rain! 


These little dudes have been our residents lately while the mangoes have been on the tree. They even came over to eat the golden cane flowers. 









 
I know this photo above looks a bit over edited, but it was really that colour. We had a lovely little storm go through over a week ago which gave us 45ml in about 30 minutes and started to green everything up for us. With this recent rain from Owen, everything is looking amazing! I was so disappointed that I didn't manage to get my camera to capture the storm before it arrived because it was so spectacular.


The horses got a bit frisky in the aftermath of the storm.


So annoyed that this wasn't in focus!



I liken taking photos of lightening to digging for gold. You just get ready to pack up and then there's another big strike, so you get all excited again.




Aunty Ange and Uncle Jase came to collect their horse "Dolly"/ "She'sAGem" that I had been breaking in for them. They were really happy with her, so lets hope that she can run straight!


KaKa loved Uncle Jase's hat. 

Checking for "GERMINATION"
My darling husband managed to get all our seed out in between the 45ml and the 112ml we got yesterday and I'm so excited to report that it has germinated! How awesome! Farmer of the year!

Anyhow I'm off to put up our xmas tree. I'm so excited this year, as I've been getting G-man excited about Santa Claus, so I think that he's going to be all over it this year. 

I probably won't get to post again until after xmas so I hope you all have a very Merry and safe xmas and prosperous new year xxx 


No comments: