Thursday 2 August 2018

Cold mornings and dreamy afternoons.


As you can probably tell, I'm getting a bit more organised and getting a few more photos of my baby girl. She's so darn photogenic! Just like her daddy. 




Even with those blasted teeth giving her curry, she is still gorgeous. 




Our little "Sprite" pup. Going to be a little star I think. 


Had a series of these photos but none in focus of course. Was so cute though! They were having a good old yarn and then it was, "oh struth, mum's watching.... act normal". 



My little cowboy. 




From my phone:



Justin had the opportunity this year to go and help out at Paradise Lagoons campdraft. He, Lou and Coolee even made it onto the news!


Meanwhile mum and the kids stayed home to mind the forte. Luckily the weaners were well broken in and no dramas for us to move in and out every day. Was funny to be driving along, with one kid sucking on a pouch for dinner and me spoon feeding the other spaghetti, all the while driving along pushing weaners up and commanding dogs. Would have been a pretty funny sight, but you do what you gotta do and it was nice to be able to get out and about. 


We even went for a little walk on old Joe. Poor old pensioner but the kids loved it. Jess was so funny trying to 'giddy up' on his back. I bought the kids a little saddle at an auction the other day, so hopefully now we will be able to get out a bit more. 




All the action gets a bit much sometimes though. 


Every time I post a photo of the creek I get frustrated at myself for not taking regular photos from the same spot so you can see the comparison. This is ridiculously shallow! Even just since the photo in my last blog where I shot the pig, the sand bar has gotten massive. Unbelievable the change!

That sand bar never used to be there. 



Managed to dig myself out of bed early this morning to run the dogs before the kids woke up. Was so beautiful. I should have raced and grabbed my SLR, but I was slack. Maybe tomorrow morning it might be just as pretty.





So we've been out and about today doing a few jobs. I made an improvised cot in the back of the buggy so Ka Ka could have a sleep. Its times like these I really love my life and appreciate the opportunities that we have to be able to raise our kids this way. 

What are you grateful for? How weird is this weather? Cold and then hot!! 

I found this little gem when I was scrolling through facebook. 


I think it could apply to daughters as well, but I love the sentiments in it and will print it out for G man to hang on his mirror. 


No comments: