Tuesday 24 April 2018

Time for a good brew.


Isn't this a lovely weather change we've had. The grass is looking lovely and green and while we still need some rain to run our water and fill the dams, the place is still looking pretty good. These foggy mornings make for some pretty shots. 






This weekend just passed, we had our local Marlborough show and I had some good results with some of my photos. I ended up with 13 places and also collected the Grand Champion photo with this one below. 



You can find all these photos here on my blog but they are also on my Smoko Stump Images page on Facebook.

Jess and Gma.... wonder where those eyes came from?!?




She got so excited watching the cattle. 


Bit of being spoilt by Gma went on I think. He even managed to con the guy into giving him two arm bands. 



Couple of bigs days, had this fella a bit exhausted. I think he's still catching up now. Below is a picture of the cement after we picked him up to go home. He wasn't sweating, it was just the moisture being drawn up in the cement. We thought it was pretty funny... needed some chalk. 


Gonna have another beater licker I think!

And another beer stealer. 


Branding buddies..... 5 years apart. Good to get our calves finally branded. 

We also have a new addition to our little family! Meet Ralphie!!

Yes, he's a lab and yes I know he's gonna chew everything, but he's such a little champion and he's a great mate for G-man. So I'm stoked that we got him.





I feel as though all I do lately is unpack and repack the car as our weekend have been pretty busy and it doesn't appear as though there's an end in sight. This weekend we have the Cave Show Saturday and mum is having a luncheon for her birthday on Sunday and then the following weekend is the beginning of Beef Week, which will be a long week. Then the Sunday that Beef ends, we are going to Springsure for a mountain run (cause I'm going to really feel like that after a big week)! Anyhow sleeping is for the dead, or the rich as someone told me the other day.

I'll leave you with this one, Parachute by Chris Stapleton. My darling cousin Jess got me onto him and I'm a big fan. Hope you're all enjoying the cool change, just makes me feel sleepy and want to drink tea, I'm onto Arctic Fire at the moment and it's a lovely brew.

No comments: