Friday 23 February 2018

This one's for you.


As I said last post, there was a charity rodeo on in Springsure and over 6000 people made the effort to attend and it was such a credit to the organisers, volunteers and everyone involved. I think they made over $125,000 but I'm not 100% sure on that figure, as I thought it was more than that. It was all done in the name of suicide awareness for our youth and if it saves just one person from taking their own life, then it was worth it!


These photos were of Cobi, having a crack at the steer ride. 

Love this one with brother Zac looking on from the top rail on the fence. 

Love this one too! 


Sheree, Me and Mel
Everyone wore blue or purple and despite the heat, it was a lovely day out. Justin couldn't make it because we were having ongoing water dilemmas, so Grandma was left with Garrett, because I didn't want the two kids in such a big crowd..... especially with master G being very adventurous now. 

Uncle Arron with baby Jess, she was far more content with him than I so that's where she stayed most of the evening. 

Still with uncle Aaron despite the fact it was way past bed time. 
An amazing effort to put on such a massive event in such little time and for a really worthy cause. I'm not sure how we teach our babies to value their lives and be resilient of outside influences, this sort of thing scares me to death and I'm not sure how these families deal with such heart break, my heart bleeds for them.



On a more upbeat note, Valentines day this year I was very spoilt with a bucket full of crab!!! OMG, that husband of mine is a keeper I tell ya! 


More preparations for CMC!! Mum and I got some pannikins! And I got a supply of grog to last us for the weekend! Now just got to find a place to hide it.



Cuddles with my girl, she's getting big! 


Love these pair!! 


So I have another song for you This one's for you. There aren't many of luke combs that I don't like, he's pretty darn good! 3 weeks to go!!! So excited! 

Have you had any rain? We've had a bit here and there, I'm not sure how much all up, but the grass is green again and my lawn is not dead anymore which is a saving grace because with all our water dramas, I had nothing to water the lawn with for a while. 

No comments: