Friday 29 September 2017

Calling from Brisbane


So I mentioned in my last blog that we were heading to Brisbane and we are now here and on the count down. I'm 37 weeks now.  My darling friend whom we've shared our pregnancies has actually beaten me to it, even though she was supposed to be 2 weeks after me. I'm so excited for her and I can't wait to see some photos of the beautiful little lady. I'm starting to feel a little impatient now though. Oh well, you know what they say about good things.


Before we made the long trip south, we did the usual water and cattle checking and we were fortunate enough to have our mate Dick come up and do some care taking for us, at the last minute, as the guy we had lined up, pulled out. The conversation went "Hi, what are your plans for the next month? Wanna come up here for us?" And three days later, here he was, just as I was heading out the gate.




Cool dude, helping dad!



I got about 150 photos of this gorgeous little dude that look exactly like the above!

Brisbane:

We made the long journey to Brisbane on the Thursday 21st and Friday I was a bit steady, so dad took Bub to the gun shop (of course) while mum put her feet up. By Saturday we were ready to go again and with bub's constant pointing at water saying "fish", we decided that a trip to the aquarium in Mooloolaba was well worth the effort and we weren't disappointed! Bub had an absolute ball and I think dad enjoyed it a fair bit too. I had already been, but there's something about watching your kid enjoying new things. 









Love this crazy pair of kids!!


Those bluey coloured fish above are catfish and I'm afraid that the photo doesn't do their size justice. 
But we tried to get bub beside them for a comparison. They would nearly eat him for dinner I reckon. 






The following day we pursued bub's next fascination of "kangaroo", so we ventured to the Australia zoo. 


Where we fed the goats.





And the Roos. 





But before too long, there was a change of shift and Grandma came so dad could return home for a while and keep things running at home.... aaaand to buy us a beautiful new bull which I will post some photos when I finally get to see him. 

Below are a few photos from the wedding we went to the other day, that the professional photographer took. 




And then I had to take some comparison photos. It seems that I'm much smaller this time compared to the last pregnancy with G-man. I think perhaps I may have had diabetes last time, but I was just under the threshold when I got tested. 

Above is G-man and below is Roy
Top is G-man and below is now. 
I can see the difference in how short my shirt was the first time compared to now. 

So I'll end this post with a video from my baby boy which left us in hysterics watching him and I'm not sure how many times I've replayed it but I always get a good giggle. Not sure if I will get another post in before this baby arrives, we will see how we go. Bit more comfortable this time, less anxieous, knowing most of what I'm in for. I have a date sheheduled but I will keep that one under my hat, got to have some suspend for you all. 



No comments: