Monday 31 July 2017

Where would you rather be?


I'm happy to report that operation Talisman Sabre has come to a conclusion and the frequent, low flying helicopter over our house have also ceased. I did take the opportunity to get a few photos though and Justin was lucky enough to be taken for a ride in one (which I think he quietly loved) but I missed out because I went to town with my photo club outing. 



 



After a failed attempt at fixing this baby, by the lovely Dick, we offloaded her to a better place! Although now I'm starting to wish we did have a two-wheeler (not that we've used them much in ages), maybe I will start saving my pennies. 

My photography club did an outing to the famous Paradise Lagoons Campdraft, to get some sports photography shots. I was a little uninspired with the campdrafting part, but I did enjoy taking some these early morning steamy shots of horses and riders warming up.







This guy must of had his horse pretty darn warm!!


I also went out to our swamp and got some pics of these little swan babies. There are heaps of them everywhere!!!


I'm not sure what these little guys are. 

No where near so elegant as their parents. 

Brolga. 




It might not look like too much, but it's ours and I love it!



We also did out pregtesting this weekend and I'm really pleased to report that we had a great percentage that we are really happy with. So that's some good news!! After baking some scones, I even managed to get out with mum and bub to bring some in. 

My offsiders! 

Putting out hay with dad. 


What better way to end a great weekend, than with a beer and a fire, watching the sun set! 

Found this little fishy next to our dam. Might have to put a line in, but I'm scared of catching a turtle.


I was in trouble here for not bringing any toys to play in the sand with, luckily grandma can improvise! 



Someone is starting to climb on everything!!! 


Doesn't everyone go mustering in their PJ's

Couple of our little weaner heifers. 


 Spending time with G-ma




I'm also very excited to report that our beautiful girl Pirate, is also pregnant!! Can't wait for her little babe! 

Don't call child services, this cow didn't hurt him, she was just playing! 

Here's to a lovely season. 
 
Mum and I at Clare Bowen.

At the end of my last post, I mentioned that I was going to see Clare Bowen and OMG she was amazing!! I can't wait for her to put an album out. At the moment though just sitting here listening to Tim McGraw's, 'Set This Circus Down', an oldie but a goodie. 

Starting to feel the pull of tiredness that comes with the third trimester, midday bubble baths, warm winter afternoons and lazing in the afternoon sun while G-man plays. Where else would you rather be? While I am missing my ponies a wee bit, I'm trying not to wish the time away because I know that sleepless nights will be here all too soon.  


No comments: