Sunday 11 June 2017

Wonderful Weekends


It always seems that when it rains it pours with us, we either have no plans, or we are have weekends filled with some outing or adventure. This past couple of weekends have been no exception.


I had heard that the Maleny show is well worth a visit and so I had, had this one on my calendar for a while and with a great group of girls, it was an awesome weekend! Now I must say I was a little disappointed at the size of the show, as I had anticipated it to be much bigger, but undeterred, we made alternate plans to go shopping at Montville and this filled in our day perfectly. 


I finally got some photos of this gorgeous girl and I, comparing our bellies that are only two weeks apart! It's such a special thing to be able to bring life into the world and even more special to be able to do it with one of your most cherished mates. 






Mum thought it would be funny to get in on the action too!



I just loooove this photo! Isn't she just gorgeous! 


The autumn leaves from the south, were a bit of a novelty for us.




I tried to find a comparison photo from the two pregnancies, the one on the left is with Garrett at about 19 1/2 weeks and on the right is this pregnancy at 20 1/2 weeks, so there's not much difference really. 

Of course the wonderful food that we discovered in every little cafe in Maleny and Montville didn't help!


Got to love the prawn in the background! We were completely oblivious!



Pair of the most beautiful ladies in the world!

It was a wonderful weekend and it didn't pass without some laughter that nearly had us peeing our pants. On one occasion google maps sent us up this absolute goat track to get between Kenilworth and Maleny!!


Now, while it appears to be the most direct and quickest route.... it was certainly not the most pleasant. When ever mum and I travel together, I always say "trust in the google", (especially when the signs said 'turn right to Maleny' and google said 'left') but when we had followed this goat track (when I say goat track I mean, dirt, single lane, up a mountain with steep shoulders, track) for about 10km which felt like forever... I was like "hmmm maybe google was wrong". Now, we had no service, but according to the mapping app, we were still getting nearer our destination. So three of us girls are giggling along this goat track, wondering where in the hell we are going to end up, when, at almost the peak of the mountain side there was a sign on the side of the road that read "WHO'S THE IDIOT".... As you can imagine, this made us fitful with laughter as mum tried to squint through tears to continue driving. Anyhow, we did eventually come out the other side and just as it had predicted we would, we arrived precisely on time!

But all too soon it came to an end and we said goodbye to my cousin Jess who turned towards Brisbane and we then headed to Bundaberg to drop Jamie off before the final leg to Rockhampton.


The following week consisted of, getting groceries, cleaning, gardening and just generally preparing for my baby shower/ ladies luncheon, and it was here and gone before I knew it. 


It was lovely to catch up with the girls from Springsure that I don't seem to see as often as I would like.


I pulled my chocolate fountain, that I've never used in the 9 years that I've owned it, out of the cupboard, and I was amazed to find that it took about 5 blocks of chocolate (luckily a late arrival was able to obtain the extra blocks required from a servo). Needless to say it provided a bit of a novelty to children and adults alike and we discovered that plain potato chips and chocolate are a bit of a must!! 



 Master G thought it was pretty darn good too!!



These pair, while only a month apart, look far from it, but yet I think they will be great mates! G-man took a bit to warm up to all the people who had appeared in his domain, but he quickly came around.


Although, cuddles with Gma are pretty darn good too! 



The girls had fun, mothering the younger ones and making flower wreaths and fairy gardens everywhere. 

Was pretty impossible to get of nice photo of the two of them together. 

Bethany and Zac testing out the chocolate!


It was such a gorgeous day, (which is more than I can say about our bleak weather today) and it meant that laying on the grass was just lovely.


Have you had some fun-filled weekend? Are you so lucky as I, to be surrounded by wonderful friends?

I'm grateful for these precious times, it's wonderful to know that with all the violence and tragedy in the world at the moment, that there is still so much light and laughter.  


No comments: