Thursday 2 February 2017

Feet in the Pacific

I recently watch a youtube clip of a bull fighter in America and he was doing a funny impersonation of Steve Irwin. He said you could always tell if there were any Australians in the crowd so he yelled "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" and sure enough you could hear the few resounding voices of the Australians "Oi, Oi, Oi". Just makes you proud to be an Aussie sometimes. 

As is tradition that mum and I have never missed an Australia day together, ever, we decided this year to go to the beach and enjoy the celebrations. It just happened that the first place we rang only did 3 nights over the Australia day weekend and as we only wanted 2 nights, we stayed at the Bayview and we were so pleased we did. Below is a picture from our balcony and right in the centre of our view is where the fireworks were! How awesome!





I reckon this one almost looks like wings!









You can really see how the wind was blowing.
It was a lovely couple of days and we were lucky enough that Justin could take the time off for one night to spend with us. Our lammingtons weren't the best we've ever had, but we still had some.

From my phone.

First time playing in the sand!


Feet in the Pacific 


Poser loves the camera
















Lots of firsts this trip, first time at the beach, first swim in a pool, first play in the sand! But all too soon, we had to head home.


This week's photo task was 'from a high angle'


We had to help pull J out of a 'bog', so I took my camera along to get some pics. Gman even got to have a ride in the tractor. 




My cat is a lunatic! I'm not sure what he likes so much about under my car. 


I got home late the other night and I just had to go out and capture the moon, it was just lovely. 






Also spent a bit more time with my new lens!! I'm so in love with it!!






Love this pair!!


Yeh dad I think I know what's causing that noise!

Gonna cost you a lot of money dad!!





Oh and we've discovered how much we love ham!!




So lots of baby pics this week to make up for the lack of them last week! How were your Australia day celebrations? Do anything special?

No comments: