Sunday 6 December 2015

Jam Drop's garden party!

As I said last week, we rescued a little pody and I'm pleased to report that "Red Bull" is doing very well and drinking like an absolute piglet! I'm hoping we might be able to convince Moolabell that she wants an extra calf. We took him down the paddock and she would let him suck as long as she had hay and he didn't bunt her (which he learned, would land him a swift kick). So there's hope. I'm a bit cautious at feeding time because he has a good bunt on him and it's right at belly height. 

Was not impressed when I wet him cause he tried to walk into my garden!

Chilling out! (Photo by my cousin Jess)

The Garden Party.

It seemed to confuse some people, having a garden party as opposed to a baby shower, but my garden is lacking and I'm pretty sure my baby will want for nothing. So I opted for a garden party, although I still got some pretty cute things for bub! I managed to get all my plants and cutting into the ground just before we got 40mL of rain! Go me! So hopefully they will be happy now, so long as Red Bull stays out. Got some photos from mum's phone, but some of them aren't the best with lighting etc, but you get the idea. 

The cake I make after numerous disasters with the dogs getting fat from my failure. 

Mum's cake! It was yummo! And a bit cute!

Wow, I don't realise how big I'm getting till I see the photos!

Mango, my pregnancy companion. 

Marina and Ange

Linda and Joan 

Claire. 

Bonni 

Lesley

Steph

Erin and Jamie



Love these two crazies. I warned them that the photo would go on my blog ha ha

 The boys chose to stay away and made camp on the lawn in the shade. Which I'm sure was a pretty nice spot anyhow!



Me and Jess 

Me and Mum

My bird's of paradise chose to came out the morning of the party which I thought was very well planned of me (arsey more likely).

Lane and Jess

Me and Ange 

Greer having a power nap. 

Jess and Nashy! Love these pair!

Ash...

Justin and I. 
I am lucky enough to have a sister in law who does some photography. She is based just out of Collinsville and you can find her on facebook at Melissa Cormack Photography . This is a couple of the photos she took on the Sunday after the party. 








Greer and Mango, looking a bit cute!
It was a lovely weekend to catch up with everyone, the only problem with parties is that you feel like you never get to spend enough time with each person individually. After all the preparation for the party, I was fairly well tuckered out and my feet were very swollen. So I have spent most of this last week with them up on a pillow!

We managed to score 40mL this week, on Thursday. So everything is looking beautiful and green now! Storm was a bit wild and we got it from Rocky where they had hail. Thankfully though we didn't get any hail. She came down pretty fast though as you can see by the flood on the front lawn. 

Lots of lightening, but the water was blowing in that much, that I didn't get many photos. 

No comments: