Thursday 15 January 2015

Ahoy Pirate, there she blows!

We had some visitor this week, which was a much needed addition to our mustering team! Although, the cattle were still slightly elusive, we still managed to get them!



Rabbit got lots of cuddles! 

Not sure whether this means that he gives up? Just jealous I think! 

Handsome men! 


Secretly he loves her! 
 Many hands make light work as they say, I think we would be still mustering otherwise. On the last mustering day we were back down to the two of us. We drafted and drenched and the next morning branded 102 of dad's calves. I then left Justin, to pregtest the drys and turn out on his own, while I drove to Yeppoon to keep my hand in for a nursing shift. Finshed at 9pm and drove an hour and a half home, only to help our neighbour the next day with 75 more to brand. Needless to say I had and early night that night and a bit of a sleep in this morning. 

This is one of our neighbours that I just couldn't get over the muscle in it, not particularly attractive but.... wow!!

Dad's brand

Pirate meeting Rabbit.

Not too sure! 


"What happens if I grab that?"





My Hibiscus are going well. 

Not too sure if these are friend or foe in my garden!

I'm sure someone will think this looks like jesus!

I'm having a bit of a sky montage at the moment. Just love all the cloud formations that this suffocating heat is producing.

We are currently receiving some good precipitation, so I will be excited to check the gauge in the morning. The lawn will appreciate some love.
 Caught these in the build up to the storm, no real fork lightening about but I still got a couple of shots.









No comments: